Reputation Management Why is reputation management important?
Online reputation is essential for every business. Learn about the benefits of positive online reputation and the impact of a negative one. Also, take note of some great tips you can implement in your business online reputation management immediately.
Online reputation is essential for every business, no matter its size. Nowadays, people will talk about your company online, influencing other people who are interested in your products/services. They will post reviews by sharing their customer experience using different platforms, such as social media channels and review sites such as Google, Yelp and Angie’s List. Some benefits of the importance of properly manage your online reputation are:
- It helps your business rank better in SEO. Google algorithms of ranking take into consideration customer reviews and reward the companies who score well at this. Satisfied customers are a signal to the search engine that the business does a great job and this reflects in a higher rank in SERP.
- It increases customer trust and brand awareness. When a potential customer reads good reviews about a certain company, they will gain trust in it and will be more prone to buy from that brand. If a customer trusts your brand he will also spread the information online and this will lead to increased brand awareness.
- It increases sales. Positive reviews will show that the brand is reliable and this will convert into more sales. Customers will appreciate the business, and they will want to buy from it. A study conducted by Harvard University showed that companies with a high rank had better revenues with 5-9%.
- It helps your brand image. A company with good reviews and effective reputation management will create a professional image in the digital space. Customers use to search for pieces of information about a company that they don’t know. In this process, they will read the customer’s reviews to find out more and if they are good, they will make an excellent first impression of that brand. The company will look professional, customer oriented, and this leads to building a powerful brand.
We agree that every successful business is customer oriented. Managers and employees should regularly monitor what their customers have to say about their business. Bad reviews can destroy a company, while positive ones will help a small business grow, by attracting new clients.
On one hand, bad reviews affect a business but we must ensure we deal with them in a timely manner. Even if you provide excellent products/services, from time to time might appear customers who are not satisfied with their experience with your brand and leave bad reviews. A good reputation is not just about what people have to say about your business but also about you reacting well to bad reviews. Some tips to deal with bad reviews are:
- Respond to negative reviews both publicly and personally. Answer publicly for letting other customers know that you care and contact privately for trying to satisfy that particular client and offer him a positive experience in the end.
- Monitor regularly the review channels such as Google and Yelp and take immediate action when you receive bad feedback. This way, other potential customers will see that you are a brand that takes into consideration the customer’s opinions and do its best to solve their problems.
- Solve the problem in a timely manner. Time is of the essence when it comes to negative reviews. You must provide excellent customer service so your customers feel heard and taken care of.
On the other hand, positive reviews build up your business’ reputation. Positive content of your brand online will help your business grow by ranking better in search engines, increasing customer’s trust, and leading to more customers and sales. Some tips to get positive reviews are:
- Provide quality products and services, a great impression will only bring benefits to your business
- Focus on your customer’s experience with outstanding customer service
- Encourage satisfied customers to write a positive review online, this will let potential customers find out that your brand is trustworthy.
Even if you have a small business, you should take great care of your online reputation. Customer feedback will help you build a strong brand and gain a competitive advantage. For small businesses this sometimes can be overwhelming, so reputation management companies like us, can take care of it. Whether your business is rated and reviewed positively or negatively, we can help your business improve or maintain a great reputation.